Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Rose by any other name........


Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours.
Dale Carnegie

BORED:
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: uninterested
Synonyms: blasé, disinterested, dull, fatigued, inattentive, sick and tired, spiritless, tired, turned off
Antonyms: enthusiastic, excited, exhilarated, interested

I try not to say that I'm bored. 'Cause usually boredom is not boredom. If you're bored with one activity, you can usually move on to another activity and dispel the boredom. But lasting boredom is generally something else.

Maybe I'm restless...in need of a new something...new job, new place to live, new craft activity (I really do NEED more yarn) or just new books to read.

Oh well, at least thinking about being bored keeps me from being too bored.
Go figure!

No comments: