Monday, March 29, 2010

April is Fresh Florida Tomatoes Month.....sooooo



If life deals you lemons, make lemonade. If it deals you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

So, anyway, two great things came together to make this blog happen.
1. It's Fresh Florida Tomato Month and
2. I found the above quote and loved it!

Now really....this was obviously meant to be. Of course, I should also mention that I love Bloody Marys.
I mean, check it out, they are like the perfect food.
You have your tomato juice, although I like spicy v8, then you have potato juice...you know the vodka, then there' all those lovely veggies you can put in it. I like to use garlic stuffed olives, pickled okras, celery sticks and pickled string beans.
Course I don't always use all of that but I like to use a combination.

Anyhoo, check out the recipe below. Most likely I will come up with other recipes for the month so stay tuned!


click on the pic so you can read the recipe

No comments: