Friday, May 30, 2008

From Mother Theresa to Adrienne Gusoff ????



Ha!! You are wondering what the connection is aren't you?
Well....there isn't any!
Nope...well not unless you count the fact that I have quotes from both of them.

Adrienne Gustoff is a writer and motivational speaker who lives in New York City.
She has a marvelous website Bubby Gram which specializes in Jewish Mother Singing Telegrams, Celebrity Clones, and other unique acts. The site also has lots of other fun information and some of the funniest products.

It also has a yiddish mini dictionary which is how I found the site.
I was looking for the yiddish word for someone who is really confused and complains but likes to act as if they are suffering for your sake.
Oy! It's a long story....you don't wanna know. But have you noticed these things sound better in Yiddish?

Anyway....so I found all these great products with fabulous sayings, lots of great quotes and well...here we are! The two graphics at the beginning of the blog are example of the saying available as t-shirts and such on her site (I am sooo buying t-shirts with those sayings).
And here are a few of my favorite quotes......

"With all the crap I have to put up with, I've stockpiled enough Karma to be Queen of the World in my next life"

"I have often depended on the blindness of strangers."

"The world is round; it has no point."

"Shopping is better than sex. At least after shopping, if you're not satisfied, you can exchange it for something you really like."

"If the shoe fits, it's too expensive."

"Not only is life a bitch, but it is always having puppies."

"Any woman who thinks the way to a man's heart is through his stomach is aiming about 10 inches too high."

"Actions speak more loudly than good grammar."

"I don't want to work but I have to work to make enough money so I don't have to work"

Hope you enjoyed these!
Love, Laughter, Peace and Blessing!
La

No comments: