Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

(New Year's Postcards sold in 1915)

It's that time of year again.
The new year is here and everyone decides that this is the year that they will......well, fill in the blank with just about anything you can think of.
I have stopped making these promises to myself. Well, mostly.

My new thing is to just say that I will do my best to do my best.
Yeah, it sounds kinda wishy-washy but it isn't...really.

I mean, hey, if everyone did their best....I would like to think that things_life_ the world_ would be a little better.

Of course, that's in my world (y'all can join me there if you wish....we're a friendly group!).

For those of you who wish to make a resolution for the new year, here of some of the ones that I would make....if I were making resolutions which of course I am not....Anyhoo here are some good ones:

exercise more
eat better
save money
improve grades (for all you students of all ages)
learn something new (such as a foreign language or music)
become more organized (hmmm...I just threw that in for kicks)
reduce stress (no stress in my world...join us)
be less grumpy (everybody oughta try this one)
maintain a diary (always nice to look back on later)
Volunteer to help others....okay this one is serious. Heck, I might even break my no resolution rule for it....I'll think about it.

Y'all have a Happy New Year!!!

No comments: