Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Stop Me If You've Heard This One!


A professional storyteller comes home to a burned down house.

His sobbing and slightly-singed wife is standing outside.

"What happened, honey?" the man asks.

"Oh, John, it was terrible," she weeps. "I was cooking, the phone rang.
It was a booking agent wanting to hire you for an event.
Because I was on the phone, I didn't notice the stove was on fire.
It went up in second. Everything is gone.
I nearly didn't make it out of the house. Poor Fluffy is..."

"Wait! Back up a minute," The man says.
"A booking agent wants to hire me?"


When I read this I thought, "Yep, that's just what I'd be thinking!"
My next thought would be "OMG! My books!"



As you can see, fluffy was found but she was never quite the same.


I got this joke from Mike Miller, Full Contact Storyteller and Professional Silly Person

No comments: