Maybe this is the month to plant them. I checked and it seems to be about right as long as the last frost has been through your area.
In any case, broccoli and bell peppers are both delicious, cooked or raw, and they are wonderful together.
Here's a simple recipe using both vegetables, enjoy!!
Stir-Fried Beef with Broccoli and Bell Peppers
recipe from Cooking Light found at MyRecipes.com
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 pound broccoli
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large red bell pepper, halved, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- 1. Cut steak in half lengthwise. Cut each half across the grain into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Combine beef, soy sauce, garlic, and black pepper; toss well. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2. Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons water, oyster sauce, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- 3. Cut broccoli into florets. Peel broccoli stems; cut stems diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 4. Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef mixture to skillet; cook 3 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Transfer beef mixture to a bowl.
- 5. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add broccoli; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons water; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add bell pepper; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Return beef mixture to pan. Stir in the oyster sauce mixture; cook until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice.